Welcome to another edition of The Future of Automotive, with Steve Greenfield, Founder, and CEO of Automotive Ventures, an auto technology advisory firm that helps entrepreneurs raise money and maximize the value of their companies.
This week we have a special guest joining us here on the show.
Back almost exactly a year ago, RunBuggy, a technology platform that connects car shippers and transporters, announced that an investor group comprised of the Larry H. Miller Company, Porsche Ventures, and Hearst Ventures committed to a Series A financing to fuel the company’s growth.
RunBuggy launched in 2018 with a mission to simplify car shipping. Since then, the company has built one of the world’s largest digitally enabled carrier networks and transformed automotive transportation logistics management for thousands of shippers and haulers.
On today’s show, we welcome RunBuggy’s CEO, Kevin Malik to the show.
Here’s a snapshot of what we cover:
- Perspectives on industry evolution and acceleration
- How to better support the automotive startup community
- The process behind RunBuggy’s significant capital raise in 2022
- Malik’s entrepreneurial journey before RunBuggy
- Thoughts on the future of mobility. Is car culture really dead?
- The state of the truck driver shortage
- The future of RunBuggy