Last Updated: May 22, 2019
The RunBuggy Service may include links to third party websites. These sites are governed by their own privacy statements and policies, and RunBuggy is not responsible for their operations, including but not limited to their information practices. Users submitting information to or through these third party websites should review the privacy statement and policy of these sites before providing them with personally identifiable financial information.
B. What information of yours we collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
* When you register for a RunBuggy account, you give us your name, email address, and phone number and biographical and other similar information.
* Information we receive when you communicate with us through email, such as your name and e-mail address;
* Information we receive from your use of the RunBuggy Service, such as the Internet address (IP address) of the computer or device you use to access the RunBuggy Service, the type of browser you use and the times you access the RunBuggy Service as well as the pick-up and drop-off addresses for the Transport Services;
* If you are a Transporter, we additionally receive and collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background so that we can determine your location with respect to a specific request for Transport Services;
* We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the RunBuggy Service, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. “Cookies” are small files that your Web browser places on your computer’s hard drive.
* We use a third party payment processor, Stripe, Inc., to process payments for all Transport Services. Accordingly, Stripe will collect your contact information when you pay for Transport Services or receive payment for Transport Services, as the case may be, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number and mailing address. Your billing information is also collected and stored by Stripe, Inc. If you are paying by bank debit or credit card, Stripe will collect your or account number or the credit card number, expiration, three digit security code and billing zip code. Stripe will share your transaction information with us so that we can track payment status for the Transport Service, but will not provide us your card or banking information. Stripe will retain your payment information in encrypted form on its servers. We do not collect or store your card or bank information on our servers. More information on Stripe’s privacy policies can be found at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
* Our payment processor, Stripe, Inc. also collects information by using “Cookies.” Stripe will not share any information from cookies with us.
C. How your information is used
We use nonpublic personal information we collect about you in order:
* As applicable, to match you with requests for Transport Services or to publish your request for Transport Services;
* To respond to your requests, and contact you regarding your use of the RunBuggy Service or regarding RunBuggy Service changes;
* If you are a Transporter performing Transport Services and are using our app, to let the Dealer know your location;
* If you are a Transporter, to notify you about Transport Service demand, pricing and service updates; and
* To measure and improve our customer service, and to investigate potential fraud and violations of this Policy or any other agreement we have with you. We may, over time, delete correspondence records with you if permitted by law; and
* “Cookies” allow the RunBuggy Service to recognize you if you visit multiple pages in the RunBuggy Service during the same session, so that you don’t need to re-enter your information multiple times. Once you close your browser, session cookies expire and no longer have any effect
D. With whom your information may be shared
We share your nonpublic personal information:
* When Dealers and Transporters have been matched so that they are able to see basic information about each other, such as names, photo, ratings, and any information they have added to their profiles. Transporters see the pick-up location that the Dealer has provided. Dealers see a Transporter’s vehicle information and, if applicable, real-time location;
* With our third party payment and billing service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as, hosting our web servers, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These service providers will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any third party;
* In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion;
* When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other
* If RunBuggy (or substantially all of our assets) is acquired, your information would be transferred along with the other business assets as permitted by law. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
E. Your choices regarding the collection, use and distribution of your information
If you do not agree with this Policy, please discontinue use of the RunBuggy Service. You also have the option of setting your browser to reject “cookies.” However, doing this will hinder performance and negatively impact your experience using the RunBuggy Service.
F. Contacting us about your privacy
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about RunBuggy’ privacy commitment, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact one of our representatives.
Children are not eligible to use the RunBuggy Service. We ask that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to us or attempt to use the RunBuggy Service under any circumstance. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing the RunBuggy Service or using our Services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us.
I. Visiting the RunBuggy Service from Outside the United States
J. Data Security
We are committed to protecting the data of the RunBuggy community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data